Biography and Picture
A picture and brief biography of each poster presenter will be posted on the 2023 WSTS website. If your poster profile does not already include your bio and photo, please submit a recent photograph and a one-paragraph biography as soon as possible.
Please submit a near-final draft of your poster using your Aventri/STOVA log-in no later than Monday, February 20, 2023. A near-final draft will enable the co-chairs to review the poster and offer suggestions. A final version of your poster should be submitted no later than Monday, March 6, 2023.
If possible, we recommend carrying your poster with you to be on the safe side of it arriving on time. If you are staying at the hotel and you prefer to ship your poster, it’s best for you to ship to the hotel and use your name so that’s it available to you when you check in:
Your Name, Your Date of Arrival
c/o JW Marriott Parq Vancouver
39 Smithe Street
Canada, V6B 0R3
All poster presenters must register as a conference attendee. Please register for the Workshop as soon as possible but preferably before Monday, February 20, 2023. Poster presenters can register for the discounted speaker rate of $750. Click here to register and select ‘Speaker Pass’.
If you are planning to stay at the JW Marriott Parq Vancouver Hotel, please book as soon as possible to secure the discounted WSTS rate of $269 CAD as this rate will sell-out. The hotel will hold the room block until Monday, February 20, 2023. Click here for more information on booking hotel accommodations.
- As you prepare your poster, it is important to confirm that you have the appropriate permission(s) to use all information and images, including photos, contained in your poster. In addition, as a PDF of each poster will be shared on the WSTS website, any “proprietary” or “company confidential” markings must be removed. If you do not wish to have your poster shared on the conference website, please let us know ASAP.
- The maximum size for each poster is 36″ wide x 46″ high. A standard poster size is 36″ wide x 48″ high–that should still fit on the board, though it may hang below the board on the bottom.
- Posters should NOT be mounted on poster board but rather printed on paper that can be easily attached to a cork-style bulletin board with push pins (provided). WSTS will not have the ability to print posters on-site so please bring these materials pre-printed.
- Poster Sessions will take place over two sessions–Poster Session #1 is on Tuesday, March 14th from 2:50-3:30 PM and Poster Session #2 is on Wednesday, March 15th from 2:35-3:15 PM in the Parq Ballroom Foyer. Please review the schedule here and be prepared to present your poster at the appropriate session.
- Posters should be hung between 7:30-8:30 AM on Tuesday, March 14th and should remain in place until the close of Wednesday’s Workshop presentations. All presenters must remove their posters by 5:30 PM on Wednesday, March 15th. WSTS is not responsible for posters left on boards following the Workshop’s conclusion.
- Poster presentations should visually guide attendees through the basics of the paper displayed on the poster board while the presenter answers questions and focuses on explanation and clarification of the key elements of the work. The poster presentation format is less formal and more interactive than a Workshop session as it provides the opportunity for attendees to engage in discussion and to have one-on-one interactions with fellow attendees and the presenter.
- Help is available. Poster Session Committee Members will work directly with presenters to clarify any questions.
Poster Submission Deadlines
- A near-final draft of your poster is due by Monday, February 20, 2023.
- The final version of your poster is due by Monday, March 6, 2023.
Thank you for complying with these guidelines to help WSTS retain its reputation as the premier timing and synchronization event.